Monday, February 2, 2015

Traveller: Space Scene



Planet around a dwarf red star by Krystal Watters

Another sketch done in Mischief for a mini contest on their website. I have it online on their website here. I decided since my fiance has been rolling up planets using the Traveller RPG system that I would go ahead and paint one of the major planets he plans to use called New Iapetus.

I was given a description of it's temperature (below freezing), type of atmosphere (dense), how much water on planet (about 50%), and the like. From there I looked through different NASA images doing quick research what would create such a world and what planets to use as reference. I decided that if it was around a dwarf red star and further away from it that it would create a cold world. I used a mixed of Pluto, Venus, and looking at the possible habitable planets in the Kepler system to create the main world. It was done relatively quick since I didn't have much time to work on it. I may post future work on this planet and others.

For those of you who like to look or want space reference images, you should go to NASA site here. All their images are royalty free and can be used as you like with their attribution, which you can click on the link about that on their website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment